Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get a misaligned (subluxated) spine?
Examples of injuries are:
- The birthing process.*
- A fall as a child. **
- Falling off a bicycle.
- Playing sports.
- Slipping on the ice.
- Car accidents.
- Twisting or popping your neck.
- Bumping your head .
- Getting in or out of your vehicle.
The list goes on and on. It is estimated that greater than 95% of the adult population has a misaligned spine.
*Research indicates that doctors use between 40-70 lbs of pressure on a baby’s head and neck during a non-traumatic delivery.
**Researchers have found the average child falls between 30-40 times per day.
How do I know if I have body imbalance and subluxations?
Can you have a subluxation without experiencing pain?
Do you adjust children as well as adults?
- Sleeping or eating problems.
- Irritable or fussy.
- Ear Infections.
- Growing Pains.
- Bed Wetting.
- No Symptoms (misalignments can be silent.)
How is NUCCA different from other atlas adjustments?
Is it possible for me to go in and out of alignment on my own?
How can such a light pressure make such dramatic changes?
How is the spinal correction calculated?
Are x-rays really necessary?
Due to special lead filters that block out a majority of the radiation, the radiation exposure is extremely low with our upper cervical x-ray series. The NAS (National Academy of Sciences) considers a single exposure of the whole body of 50,000 mrems (50 rems) to be a high level dose.
- NUCCA x-ray series – < .22 mrems
- Flight from LA to Paris – 4.8 mrems
- Dental x-ray (whole mouth) – 310 mrems
- Apollo x moon flight -480 mrems
- Barium Enema (x-ray study) – 8,000 mrems
- Radiation treatment for cancer – 6,000,000 mrems
Are all patients adjusted the same way?
How many adjustments will I need?
- Patient compliance (following the doctor’s recommendations.)
- The amount of damage to the spinal structures.
- Exercise habits.
- Spiritual health.
- Emotional and physical stress.
- The shape of your spinal bones.
During the initial stabilization period, a number of NUCCA chiropractic corrections may be necessary. Once the spine stabilizes (usually within the first six months), many patients hold their correction for 3 to 6 months at a time. Our corrections generally hold much longer than other types of chiropractic adjustments.
How long until I feel better?
- Type and severity of the condition(s)
- How long you have had the condition
- What other treatments you have had
- Medications you are taking
- Compliance with the doctor’s recommendations
Most patients get results with the first spinal correction, but the first six to eight weeks after the initial correction is considered a process of healing and recovery. Body balance will be closely monitored during this period to ensure the correction is maintained and healing continues.
How long will I need NUCCA chiropractic care?
Can I have adjustments after back surgery?
Are your methods safe?
What if your methods don’t help me?
Will insurance cover NUCCA chiropractic services?
What if my policy doesn’t cover your services?
Does Medicare cover your chiropractic services?
What type of education do NUCCA chiropractors get?
|Classroom Hours||Classroom Hours|
To practice chiropractic, graduates must also pass demanding National Board Examinations. Furthermore, the doctors at Advanced Spinal Care have gone on to take extensive coursework in the NUCCA procedure. They regularly attend intense training seminars in order to continually give the best care to their patients.